Best 6 Easy Steps to Bust Belly Fat
It seems for most that the toughest place to lose fat is the midsection, otherwise, known as the belly. There is no sure-fire way to lose belly fat and keep it off as we all have a different genetic make-up and life seems to find a way to throw a kink into plans, including fitness. But there are some key steps you can take to ensure you’ll be on the right track to losing belly fat.
Steps to Bust belly fat
- Eat breakfast – You need to get your metabolism going in the morning by eating no later than 90 minutes after you wake up. When you choose a healthy breakfast to start your day, you will have more energy and be more productive at work, and more accurate in making decisions.
- Eat regularly – Don’t give your body the chance to store fat. Eat 4-6 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones to keep your metabolism going all day.
- Increase fiber – Foods rich in fiber will help keep you fuller longer so you don’t have the urge to constantly snack. Choose foods high in fiber such as whole grain, lentils, quinoa, brown rice, and beans.
- Reduce intake of simple sugar – Simple sugars contribute to body fat gain because they are generally high in calories. By avoiding foods like soda, ice cream, cakes, cookies, and candy bars, you can cut out many unnecessary calories. Choose fresh fruit, dried fruit, fruit juice, and frozen yogurt to satisfy your sweet tooth with natural sugars.
- Eat healthy fats – Everyone needs healthy fats. These fats help keep you full and satisfy you and are found in foods like olive oil, nuts, nut butter, salmon, tuna, and avocado. Keep in mind that moderation is always key.
- Be smart when eating out – If you find yourself eating out often, make sure you familiarize yourself with menus and health facts about the restaurants you frequent. Most restaurants have online menus so you can have an idea of what you’ll eat ahead of time and you can confirm calorie and fat count with the server.