BEST WAYS TO FIGHT YOUR HEADACHE
Headache can be caused by a variety of factors prolonged stress exposure, expansion of blood vessels, abnormal behavior of certain neurons, smoking or alcohol, as well as the influence of genetic factors.
Here are some easy home remedies and tips that will help to kill the pain or prevent headaches!
Give it a Nice Pressure
Massage! With a firm, circular movement massage your forehead between the base of your thumb and your forefinger. Continue massaging for several minutes, then switch hands and repeat until the pain resolves.
Dehydration is one of the most common causes of a headache. In such cases, simply drink a cool glass of water. This can cure your headache within minutes. It is well known that it is highly recommended to drink about eight to ten glasses of water throughout the day to keep your body well hydrated.
Eat ginger or try ginger capsules. Ginger reduces inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, thus providing relief from a headache. You can also use a paste of one teaspoon of dry ginger powder and two tablespoons of water. Apply the paste on your forehead and keep it for a few minutes.
Soothe with Scent
Certain essential oils can help ease tension and relieve the pain of a headache. Gently massage a bit of lavender oil onto your forehead and temples, then lie back and enjoy the relaxing scent. In addition to lavender oil, you can use peppermint oil. The menthol it contains can help dissolve away the headache.
- Vaporize! If you have a vaporizer, add seven drops of lavender oil and three drops peppermint oil, then breathe in the relief. If you don’t, try sprinkling a few drops of peppermint oil on a tissue. Inhale deeply several times.
- Try wringing out two wet peppermint tea bags and place them on your closed eyelids or forehead for five minutes.
Consummation of fish oil can help reduce migraines and head pain, thanks to its omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart health. You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of fish oil OR fish oil oral supplements
- 1 glass of orange juice
If you are taking fish oil capsules, follow the dosing on the bottle. When using the actual oil, mix a tablespoon into a glass of cold orange juice and drink up! It’s really not as bad as it sounds.
Headache-relieving stretches can get at muscle tension that contributes to pain. Add neck and shoulder stretches to your daily workout or use them when a headache appears. Stretch twice a day, for 20 minutes per session.
The Power of Prevention
- Get rid of the night clenching – if you grind or clench your teeth during the night, take steps to prevent the problem. You might need to wear a mouth guard at night while sleeping.
- Eat at regular intervals. There’s evidence that a drop in blood sugar—the result of going too long without eating—can set the stage for headaches.
- At least three days a week, spend 30 minutes walking, cycling, swimming, or doing some other form of aerobic exercise. These exercises are great stress-relievers.