What is Obesity? Healthy Informatin
What is Obesity? Healthy Informatin
Being very overweight or obese is thought to be a major medical problem. Doctors define obesity including a formula involving weight and height, an excess of body fat is defined as being greater than 20% higher than one’s ideal body mass, calculated for age, gender, build and height.
Being obese is said to raise the risk of suffering from a stroke by 50%, increase the chances of diabetes three-fold and raise the risk of developing gallstones, arthritis, hernia’s, cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Consuming foods that are rich in saturated fats is thought to lead to weight gain. Drinking high amounts of alcohol and refined carbohydrates is also reported to cause weight gain.
Most extra calories that we eat and do not require are stored in fat cells. The body’s ability to store fat is said to be likely to damage health. It is said that obesity might also place stress on the back, legs and internal organs. Obesity is believed to increase the body’s resistance to insulin and its susceptibility to infection as well as increasing the likelihood of coronary artery disease.
In the Western World, there is an increasing number of children and teenagers suffering from obesity, which in turn puts them at risk of heart attacks, stroke, colon cancer, and gout in future years. Other factors that may result in obesity include glandular problems, diabetes, anemia, and food intolerances.
Possible ways to prevent obesity
– It has been advised that one should eliminate diet drinks out of a diet, because the artificial sweeteners featured in diet drinks may increase weight gain as they raise appetite and slow down digestion.
– Fennel, which is viewed as a natural appetite suppressant has been suggested to be eaten.
– Turmeric is believed to help promote digestion, increase energy levels and help remove fat from the blood.
– Onions and garlic feature natural detergents thought to help remove fat away from the liver.
– It has been recommended to avoid foods that feature vast amounts of refined sugar, as this triggers the release of insulin, which aids the storage of fats in the body.
-It has been advised to eat high amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables during the day, as they are abundant in vitamins and minerals, thought to help boost the immune system, have ideal cleansing properties, abundant in antioxidants and help fasten up the metabolism which might result in weight loss.
– While cooking food it has been suggested to only use unrefined vegetable oils.
– It is believed to be essential to always have breakfast, as this may prevent big cravings for food during the day.
– It has been advised to try and avoid crash dieting, as this may result in the metabolism to slow down. In addition, it has been suggested to avoid fad diets, as they might result in huge weight loss over a very short period of time and this is reported to be very unhealthy, and once such diets are stopped, the weight is believed to immediately return.
– Foods that are high in essential fatty acids, such as, oily fish, seeds and nuts are seen as vital in a diet. These are reported to provide good cholesterol, which might help in counteracting any bad cholesterol in the body.
-Frequent physical exercise such as aerobic exercises is said to be vital as it will work on the muscles and may help raise their capacity and endurance. Exercise is thought to result in the efficient elimination of waste by the blood; exercise also raises the level of good cholesterol (HDL).
– It has been recommended to stop drinking alcohol; this is as alcohol might lead to weight gain and higher blood pressure. Alcohol is also believed to encourage the depletion of magnesium and this mineral is essential for a healthy heart.
– Paying attention to the portion of food that is consumed is said to be vital.
FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF OBESITY YOU HAVE, AND HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!
Science has proven and defined various types of obesity, caused by different factors. Check into which group you belong to, and how to solve this problem:
1. Obesity from food
This type of obesity is the most common in the world. It occurs due to excessive food intake and sugar.
Solution: You reduce the diet and exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
2. Obesity from “nervous stomach”
This type of obesity is caused by anxiety, stress, and depression. People who have this obesity usually have a frequent intake of sweets.
Solution: The most important thing is to control your anxiety and have physical activities that will relieve stress.
3. Gluten obesity
Mostly present in women during adolescence, menopause, and hormonal imbalance.
Solution: It is important to avoid long sitting, smoking, and alcohol, and to start exercises with weights.
4. Obesity due to the venous circulation
This is mostly hereditary genetic obesity. It occurs during pregnancy and for people who are suffering from swollen legs.
Solution: Exercises such as running or climbing stairs.
5. Obesity from inactivity
Type of obesity that affects parts of the body which in the past have been very active, for example, active people that stopped training.
Solution: The key to eliminating these types of fats is to not allow long periods without eating because it can speed up metabolism and burn them faster.
6. Atherogenic metabolic obesity
People who have stomach bloated like a balloon, accumulate fat in the upper body. Affected are people who consume alcohol, suffer, or have trouble breathing.
We hope that we help you to find even one step closer to a healthier life.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Obesity? Healthy Informatin
- 2 FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF OBESITY YOU HAVE, AND HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!