We may not know as much about boiled banana peel benefits as we do about bananas’ nutritional values and health and cosmetic benefits. this hot drink is easy to prepare and has properties and benefits that we will learn about below, and we will learn about the side effects that make us careful in dealing with this drink
The Nutritional Value of Boiled Banana Peel Benefits
- When you use a whole banana in boiling water, the tea will likely contain some of the water-soluble nutrients found in bananas, such as vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and copper.
- Since most people discard bananas after fermentation, boiled banana peel benefits are not a great source of calories.
- Although bananas are rich in nutrients such as vitamin B6 and potassium, the long time that bananas take while soaking them in water can increase the concentration of nutrients. And banana tea is an excellent source of potassium and magnesium, which are minerals essential for heart health and sleep quality.
- It also contains some vitamin B6, which helps support a healthy immune system and red blood cell development.
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits
It stands highly recommended to drink boiled banana for people with:
- Chronic anxiety
- Weak immunity
- Poor metabolic function
- High blood pressure
- Digestive problems
- Inflammatory diseases
- Skin irritation, as well as those recovering from illness, surgery, or injury.
Given all of these cases with banana, tea is recommended to be consumed; there is no doubt that this tea conceals many nutritional and health benefits, the most prominent of which are:
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits to Lower Blood Pressure
- Boiled banana peel benefits are perhaps best known for their potassium content.
- It helps maintain the health of your heart.
- It lowers blood pressure, improves vessel function. Potassium regulates fluid balance in the body and reduces stress on the cardiovascular system by relieving tension in arteries and blood vessels.
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits to Treat Insomnia
- The high levels of serotonin and dopamine in banana tea have been linked to improved sleep levels.
- We are reducing the incidence of insomnia and improving sleep quality without interruption. As scientifically proven, lack of sleep may increase beta-amyloid levels in the brain and increase the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits to Improve Mood
- The dopamine and serotonin in boiled banana peels also help regulate hormone levels.
- They improve mood, as they are good neurotransmitters.
- So if you regularly suffer from anxiety or depression, adding banana tea to your diet may be all you need.
One of Boiled Banana Peel Benefits is Boosting Bone Health
There are a variety of minerals in banana tea, including magnesium and manganese, both of which contribute to an increase in bone minerals and can help slow or completely prevent osteoporosis with age.
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits are The Digestive Function
Potassium and magnesium improve smooth muscle function, which is essential in the digestive system; this can help stimulate peristaltic motility, which regulates bowel movements, thus preventing constipation.
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits to Strengthen Immunity
- Vitamin C and vitamin A in bananas help to boost the immune system. Each of these vitamins acts as an antioxidant.
- Ascorbic acid stimulates the production of white blood cells and vitamin A, which is directly related to preventing oxidative stress in the retina.
- It also prevents macular degeneration and prevents the development of cataracts.
Boiled Banana Peel Benefits for Weight Loss
- For weight loss because it contains vitamin A, vitamin B, potassium, lutein, and other antioxidants.
- Many of these nutrients contribute to a more vital metabolic activity and a feeling of fullness.
- In other words, it is possible to increase fat burning through a higher metabolic function and eliminate the desire to snack between meals or an additional meal; all of these effects combined will help support weight loss efforts.
Used for weight loss, eating the peel itself is more effective for this purpose because the peel is rich in soluble and insoluble fibers, and most of it does not go to boiling tea without exfoliation. They suppress appetite, boost metabolism, and make you feel satisfied thanks to the tryptophan, dopamine, and serotonin they contain!
How to Make Boiled Banana Peel?
Boiled banana peel tea is straightforward to make and can be made with or without the peel:
How to make banana tea without the peel
- 1- Fill a bowl with 2-3 cups (500-750 ml) of water and bring to a boil.
- 2- Peel one banana and add it to the boiling water.
- 3- Reduce the heat and simmer for five to10min.
- 4- add cinnamon or honey (optional).
- 5- Take the bananas and divide the remaining liquid into 2-3 cups.
How to Make Banana Tea With its Peel
- Fill a bowl with 2-3 cups (500-750 ml) of water and bring to a boil.
- Rinse the banana peel well with water to remove the dirt.
- After cutting the banana ends, add the peel to the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 min.
- Add cinnamon or honey (optional).
- Take out the banana and divide the remaining liquid into 2-3 cups.
Best Banana for Making Banana Tea
Green bananas are a better option than fully ripe bananas. Green banana peels have higher levels of probiotics and resistant starch that the body cannot quickly digest. That stimulates fat burning and weight loss activity and provides antioxidants, potassium, and magnesium, which may support heart health. It helps sleep and prevents bloating.
Common effects of drinking boiled banana peel include nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, and hyperkalemia (too much potassium in the body).
Related post: benefits of drinking honey with warm water at night
Suppose you want a nightly drink that promotes sleep and relaxation. In that case, banana tea flashes its presence intensely, but as usual, be sure to moderate consumption and use organic fruits to have all boiled banana peel benefits.
How to Prepare a Boiled Banana Peel for Your Beauty Routine
Boiled banana peel is an excellent way of adding instant moisture to your skin. It is also an easy way of exfoliating your face. All that you need is a boiled banana peel and some essential oils to make this beauty routine into a healthy one.
Boiled Banana Peel Beauty Routine: First, cut the skin of the peeled banana in half on both sides so you can access its inner flesh more easily. Take one half and place it on the palm of your hand, so it looks like there are two bananas attached.
Rub the inside of the peeled banana with some light olive oil while blending in some drops of vanilla extract and ground cinnamon, then gently massage it all over your wet face with circular motions. Keep doing that until all the oil has been absorbed into your skin by mass.
Boiled Banana Peel Side Effects
Boiling a banana peel will give the illusion that it has been cooked; this is a myth because boiling a banana peel will not remove all toxins and nutrients from the fruit.
The side effects of eating boiled banana peel include stomach cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting. These side effects could be avoided by eating un-boiled bananas instead of boiled ones.
Side Effects of Banana Peel on Face
Banana peels may seem harmless and safe, but they can cause a lot of side effects. It would be best to be careful when handling them and always wash your hands before and after touching the peel to avoid any possible side effects.
Banana peels can be dangerous if you eat them. They may also cause acne, eczema, and dry skin.